IMPORTANT: Make sure that you're on the old EZlynx platform. Ezlynx recently launched a new update but you have an option to switch back to the old platform
Did you attempt to sync your EZLynx book of business and ran into an issue?
If you've seen this error then you've come to the right place for help.
There are two possible reasons for this error:
- You didn't download the correct report from EZLynx
- The report that you've uploaded to AgencyZoom is not in the correct format (must end with .CSV)
Here's how to figure the cause of your issue and how to resolve them. You can also watch this video where we go over the EZLynx book of business sync in detail.
Issue 1: You didn't download the correct report from EZLynx
Open the file that you've just download and scroll (right) all the way to the last column.
Do you see "Writing Company" listed under column BO?
Yes? Then continue to issue 2, otherwise here's how to fix this.
It's possible that you've followed the steps below but EZLynx still downloaded an incomplete report, we've seen that happen before.
If that's the case, please redo the following steps and it's often that the second time around the report downloads correctly with all of the required columns.
Here are the instructions again on how to download the correct report
- Click on Reports from the left menu
- Click on Policy Management
- Click on Policy Master
- After the report loads you'll want to click the cog icon next and be sure to select (All) then click OK to apply
- Click the download icon (top right corner) and be sure to select CSV
NOTE: It's important to point out that even when you select CSV, sometimes EZLynx downloads the file in the wrong format. Please make sure the file ends with a .CSV extension. An example of the correct format: filename.CSV
Issue 2: You didn't upload the report in the correct CSV format
This is a very common issue, you go in EZLynx, you download the report and you select "CSV" when downloading but it's still not working.
Don't worry, you're not alone - we see this happen often. The good news is that it's an easy fix!
Simply do the following, the file you upload must have a .CSV extension.
( example mybookofbusiness.csv )
- Open the report you've downloaded from EZLynx
- From the top left corner click on File
- Click on Save As
- In the file format drop down, you're going to have multiple options for CSV. Please be sure to select "CSV(Comma Delimited)(*.csv)"
- Go to AgencyZoom and try to upload this new file
Still have questions? We're here to help! You can start a live chat with our Support Team by clicking the icon in the lower right corner of the screen. Support is available between 9am and 5pm EST, Monday - Friday. (Messages sent outside of those hours will be answered ASAP on the following business day.)